Monday, February 25, 2008

Recently Listening

Xiu Xiu - Women as Lovers:There is something about this CD I don't know what it is but I really enjoy it. I think its just that the songs are so earnest and how James Steward just leaves it all out there in every verse that does it for me. Oh and the Bowie/Queen cover is fucking great too, a nice take on an amazing classic.

Thurston Moore - Trees Outside The Academy: This disc is a great more mellow take on Thurston's main gig Sonic Youth. Well thought out from start to finish, I love the use of acoustic guitar several of the songs battling back the distorted electric guitar. This CD is definitely more than just Sonic Youth-lite though, there is a great amount of substance to this CD.

So yea, I don't normally do too much about music, I leave that to my girlfriend over @ Fierce Noise, thats her deal, but both of these CD's have been getting alot of play from me and I wanted to mention that. Ok done, go outside its fucking beautiful today.

No comments: